Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Eminem and Codependency

Am I really going to write a post about Eminem?
Yes I am.
He entered my radar when I watched The 40 Biggest Celebrity Feuds on VH1.
Man, I love myself some VH1. Only in America.
Anyway, my favorite was the feud between Mariah and Nick Cannon vs. Eminem.
Now I am not sure who started this whole thing but if it was Mariah and Nick, they are not too bright.
It is pretty obvious Eminem does not have a sensor and anyone that ticks him off will become the subject of a colorful and quite possibly violent free style.
What did Mariah think was going to happen when she dressed up like Slim Shady?
And sorry, Nick. It does appear your wife did hook up with Marshall and he has the voice mail messages to prove it.
It is hard to root for the Cannons when they obviously did not do their homework. 
Anyone should know Eminem does not back down from a fight.
Just listen to his music.
Just ask his mom and Kim.
VH1 could devote a whole show to Eminem feuds.
He has some serious anger management issues and I am just glad he has better things to do than read obscure blogs.
Coincidentally, I also watched 8 Mile on MTV a few days ago.
Yes, family and church friends, I did say I watched VH1, MTV, and 8 Mile all in the same post.
Don't judge me.
I have to say, 8 Mile wasn't too bad and Eminem can be super hot for the short periods of time when he is not talking.
But after one listens to his views on women it is hard to understand why anyone would get involved with him. Why would Mariah get involved with him?
Yes, he is famous and he has a lot of money.
Yes, he works out and he has a great body. 
He also overcame an erratic and underprivileged childhood and went on to become the best selling artist of the 2000s.
But I don't think it is about any of those things.
And I don't think women care about those things as much as he thinks they do. 
I think women get involved with men like him because women are women.
When people are hurt they want to make them better.
When people are angry they want to calm them down.
I am not a big fan of generalization but I don't think men buy into the belief that loving kindness can change a person like women do.
Women are fixers and much more likely to be codependent.
I don't know who Eminem is going to date next or if he is even on the market.
But here is my best advice.
Don't mess with him.
(I am not sure why I am messing with him).
Because we all know the best predictor of the future is the past.
And the whole thing is likely to end up as an angry rant.
Or better yet America, a countdown show on VH1.





No comments:

Post a Comment